2018: From St. Paul's to St. Peter's (5900)
12 days from London to Rome
LONDON Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street (F) or Novotel London West (F)PARIS Courtyard Arcueil (F) or Forest Hill La Villette (ST)LUCERNE AREA Ibis Styles (ST) or Ibis (ST) at KriensVENICE AREA Poppi (ST) at MiraMONTECATINI Settentrionale Esplanade (F) or Grand Hotel du Park et Regina (ST)ROME Park Hotel Dei Massimi (F)
Call (408) 867-4088 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13730839
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Check into your hotel. In the afternoon, you may want to start exploring the lively British capital. Uniformed hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay.|
|Day 2||London||A full day to savor our rich program of optional activities: take a panoramic tour of London's landmarks, visit the Tower of London, or choose an excursion to Windsor Castle. Tonight, how about a leisurely cruise on the Thames River? (B)|
|Day 3||Paris||Board the EUROSTAR TRAIN to Paris with your Tour Director. Spend two nights in Paris. (B)|
|Day 4||Paris||Paris is a world-class city that probably has more familiar landmarks than almost any other city in the world. This morning, see these sites during the included city tour with a Local Guide. This evening, why not join an optional Parisian dinner? (B)|
|Day 5||Lucerne||Fascinating, ever-changing scenery greets you today. Enjoy views of Fontainebleau Forest, the wine-growing area of Burgundy, prosperous farms, and tidy, half-timbered villages as you head through the alpine heart of Switzerland to the picture-book Lucerne area. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Lucerne||One of Switzerland's finest cities, Lucerne is nestled amid its snowcapped Alps, surrounded by its lake, and graced by the clear mountain waters of the Reuss River. The orientation includes the LION MONUMENT, erected in memory of the 800 Swiss Guards who defended Louis XVI and his wife. Also admire the famous wooden CHAPEL BRIDGE with its splendid frescoes. A selection of optional activities completes the day: a cable-car ride to the 10,000-foot summit of Mount Titlis; a cruise on the fjord-like lake; and, of course, time to shop for an authentic Swiss watch. (B)|
|Day 7||Venice||More wonderful alpine scenery awaits as you drive into the mountain ranges that surround the massive St. Gotthard. Once through its great tunnel, start your scenic descent into the warmer and sunnier ambiance of Canton Ticino. Stop in beautiful Lugano and take a stroll along the lakeside promenade. Later, cross into Italy and drive through the Lombardy plains to Romeo and Juliet's Verona, known as 'Little Rome' for its splendid amphitheater still standing in its former glory. Overnight in the Venice area. (B)|
|Day 8||Venice||Venice is more like a marvelous film set than a real-life city, with criss-crossing canals, gondolas and water buses, arched bridges, palaces, and busy little piazzas. The orientation starts with a BOAT RIDE to St. Mark's Square and is followed by a chance to watch Venetian GLASSBLOWERS fashion their delicate objects as they did centuries ago. Don't miss out on the optional gondola trip, gliding along the picturesque canals with a local troubadour to serenade you. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Montecatini||Travel south across the Apennines into the gentle and hilly countryside of Tuscany. Enjoy a guided walk through Florence to discover its Renaissance treasures, then continue to Montecatini for an overnight. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Rome||This morning, stop in Pisa to see the famed SQUARE OF MIRACLES and to view the Leaning Tower. Then, journey south to Rome. Tonight, consider an optional evening drive through the city-a floodlit spectacular of shimmering fountains, magnificent churches, and piazzas-followed by dinner. (B)|
|Day 11||Rome||The 'Eternal City' is steeped in history, vibrantly alive and exciting, and absolutely unique! Included sightseeing with a Local Guide starts with St. Peter's Square and Basilica. Other highlights are the iconic Colosseum, the largest amphitheater ever built; the Roman Forum; Piazza Venezia, and Campidoglio. An optional visit is available to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, world famous for Michelangelo's impressive fresco of The Last Judgment. (B)|
|Day 12||Rome||Arrivederci, Roma-your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $624No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in London:in single room $142-$198; in twin / in triple $87-$130Extra nights per person in Rome:in single room $109-$134; in twin / in triple $72-$962019 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September 2018.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).