Brochure Type: Europe Costsaver 2019
Start your Aegean adventure in ancient Athens before settling into laid-back island life on vibrant Mykonos and Santorini's dramatic volcanic landscape, where you will have days to explore their secret coves, tiny cobbled streets and seaside cafes.
- Athens Sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes a visit to the magnificent Acropolis and the Temple of Zeus. View the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch
- Mykonos Orientation of the port and Mykonos town includes a walk along the narrow cobbled streets. Your Travel Director will provide information on beaches and sightseeing opportunities
- Santorini Orientation of the town of Fira with a walk to enjoy the views over the caldera. Your Travel Director will provide information on beaches and sightseeing opportunities
- 9 Buffet breakfasts
- 2 Three-course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- High-speed ferries from Piraeus to Mykonos, Mykonos to Santorini and Santorini to Piraeus, subject to availability and weather conditions
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- City orientation tours
- An expert Travel Director and a professional driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply.
Call (408) 867-4088 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14237391
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Arrive Athens (2 Nights): Welcome to Athens. You are met on arrival and transferred to your hotel. After checking in spend the rest of the day relaxing or exploring the city. Later join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Meeting.|
|Day 2||Athens||Athens Sightseeing and Free Time: Your Local Specialist takes you on a morning sightseeing tour of Athens starting with a visit to the ancient Acropolis and the Parthenon, which is considered to be the most important building to survive from Classical Greece. View the Panathinaiko Olympic stadium, the Evzone guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and a host of other famous sites including the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch. Spend the rest of the day as you choose. This evening savour local Greek specialities at one of the city's excellent restaurants.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Mykonos||Athens - Mykonos (3 Nights): Transfer to Piraeus and board the Aegean ferry. Your first stop is Mykonos, popular with the rich and famous. Transfer to your hotel where you will be given an orientation tour. Spend the rest of the day exploring this magical island. Houses, shops, churches, restaurants and windmills are immaculately whitewashed, with splashes of sky blue and jade green bringing colour to door frames and window shutters, many of which are overhung with dazzling pink and purple blossoms. Dinner is included tonight. Afterwards you might like to experience the island's vibrant nightlife.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Mykonos||Mykonos Free Time: Experience the delights of Mykonos, around 9,000 people inhabit this rugged mass of granite. One of the most cosmopolitan islands in Greece, Mykonos is known for its beaches and diverse nightlife but manages to retain a strong indigenous identity despite its popularity. If you want to see the quieter side of the island, explore narrow winding alleys full of tempting boutiques in the labyrinth of the old town.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Mykonos||Mykonos Free Time: Today is free for you to wander around Little Venice on the east side of the harbour or consider a sightseeing experience to the nearby sacred island of Delos, a charming island and the birthplace of Artemis and Apollo. Visit the Archaeological Museum or Aegean Maritime Museum displaying ancient and nautical artefacts relating to the island's seafaring heritage. Enjoy cocktails at a waterfront restaurant and don't miss the opportunity to take a refreshing swim in the sparkling sea.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Santorini||Mykonos - Santorini (3 Nights): Your holiday continues with a ferry ride south across the Aegean to the beautiful island of Santorini, your home for the next three nights. You are met at the port and transferred to your hotel where you will be given an orientation tour. After checking in, explore Santorini, also known as Thira. The islands physical beauty along with a dynamic nightlife, makes it one of Europe's most desirable destinations. This evening, join your fellow travellers for an included dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Kamari Beach/Okeanis/Cultural Village
|Day 7||Santorini||Santorini Free Time: There are plenty of things to do in Santorini and you have two full days to enjoy this picturesque island. Relax in cliff-top restaurants and laze on sun-soaked beaches. Consider a cruise to explore the volcano and swim in the hot springs. Visit the island's museums or take a tour of a traditional winery and sample the grape variety unique to Santorini.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Santorini||Santorini Free Time: Enjoy another full free day on this picturesque island. Santorini has an abundance of dining establishments to suit all tastes where you can dine on a full range of international cuisine, including Greek specialities. And don't miss the sunsets for which the island is justifiably famous. They are spectacular from anywhere on the caldera but particularly from Oia on the northern tip of the island, which offers an uninterrupted view of the sun as it sinks below the horizon.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Athens||Santorini - Athens: Today take the high-speed ferry back to Athens for the final night of your trip. On arrival at the port of Piraeus, you are transferred to your Athens hotel. Enjoy some last minute sightseeing, shop for souvenirs or simply relax and reflect on your amazing journey. This evening, you might like to join your travelling companions for a celebration dinner - there are plenty of restaurants, tavernas and open-air cafes in the colourful Plaka area with street musicians playing traditional Greek music.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 10||Depart Athens||Depart Athens: This morning, it is time to bid farewell to Greece and your newfound friends at the end of your wonderful Greek Island holiday. Transfers are available to the airport for your return flight home. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class