Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2019
Journey into a wonderland of the exotic and enigmatic, full of strange fascination - from the remarkable temples of Khajuraho and the splendid Taj Mahal, to the world's only official living goddess. Uncover the mysterious ways of India and Nepal in luxurious comfort, knowing that every detail is taken care of by your Travelling Concierge.
- Delhi: Join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
- Jaipur: Join a jeep safari through the picturesque Aravalli hills. Stop and spend time with the Meena tribe, before continuing on to Dera Amer where your Highlight Dinner awaits.
- Jaipur: The mouth-watering Celebration Dinner with drinks features the best of Indian cuisine.
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners (D) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Delhi: Ride by rickshaw through the lanes of Chandni Chowk bazaar in Old Delhi.
- Delhi: See the Red Fort and Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Delhi: Visit Raj Ghat and the Tomb of the Emperor Humayun.
- Fly to Kathmandu: Relax as you fly towards the Himalayas to reach Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu: With your Local Expert, take an intimate look at the Narayanhiti Royal Palace and the rooms where the royal family ate, slept, worked, held ceremonies, and entertained guests, along with the wonderfully eclectic decor.
- Kathmandu: Tour Durbar Square and Royal Palace.
- Kathmandu: Visit sacred Swayambhunath, known as the Monkey Temple for its mischievous inhabitants.
- Kathmandu: Visit Patan's temple of Teleju and the Statue of Yogendra Malla.
- Kathmandu: Visit the local Tibetan handicraft centre to see the colourful local crafts.
- Kathmandu: See the holiest of Hindu shrines, Pashupatinath Temple.
- Kathmandu: Enjoy an excursion to the ancient capital Bhadgaon.
- Kathmandu: Visit the colossal stupa, Bodhnath.
- Fly to Varanasi: Enjoy the scenery as your flight emerges from the Himalayas to reach Varanasi.
- Varanasi: Join an expert in India's religious rituals to learn more about the colourful candlelit tradition of Aarti as you participate in the sunset ceremony in the Ganges, against a backdrop of ringing bells and chanting music.
- Varanasi: Take a dawn cruise past the Ghats on the Ganges River - an experience never to be forgotten.
- Varanasi: During your brief orientation of the city, visit some of the famous temples. You'll also visit Sarnath, where Buddha first taught the Dharma.
- Varanasi: Enjoy a visit to a traditional Indian wrestling ground.
- Varanasi: Partake in an early morning yoga session at the Ganges Ghats - your Travelling Concierge will confirm if this experience is possible on your departure.
- Fly to Khajuraho: Board your short flight to Khajuraho.
- Khajuraho: Tour the famous temples.
- Jhansi: Sweep past the Indian countryside as you ride the Shatabdi Express.
- Orchha: Visit the palaces and temples of the fort.
- Indian Festivals: Truly experience India by travelling during one of its famed festivals. Holi is the festival of colour, symbolising the end of winter and encourages the people to play, laugh, forgive and forget. Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by lighting oil lamps and fireworks to welcome in the Hindu new year.
- Agra: Visit inside the red sandstone fortress to witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Visit the Taj Mahal, a monument of love, built by a king in everlasting memory of his beloved queen.
- Jaipur: Visit the flower market and spice market and take in the sights and sounds.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort and stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls.
- Jaipur: Your Travelling Concierge will show you the Palace of Winds. You then visit the City Palace Museum.
- Agra: Located close to the Taj Mahal and boasting beautiful gardens and opulent decor, the Mughal hotel perfectly recreats the splendour and majesty of the Mughal Dynasty.
- Jaipur: Experience the perfect blend of traditional decor and modern amenities at the luxurious Fairmont Jaipur.
- Kathmandu: Meet a local who has summitted Everest, to hear a personal account of the Sherpa people and their role in Everest expeditions.
- Agra: Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India's most famous monument. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas. See booking conditions for exemptions.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary (Available on departures with more than 8 guests).
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Private transfers may be purchased when additional accommodation has not been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (408) 867-4088 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14239221
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Welcome to India! On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you will be greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your hotel. In the evening, join your Travelling Concierge at 18:30 for your Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
Le Meridien New Delhi.
|Day 2||Delhi||Delhi Sightseeing.: Ride by rickshaw through the lanes of Chandni Chowk bazaar in Old Delhi. See the Red Fort, visit the Gandhi memorial at Raj Ghat and the Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque. See the Qutub Minar and drive along the Rajpath past the India Gate and Parliament House to visit the Tomb of Humayun. (Breakfast)|
Le Meridien New Delhi.
|Day 3||Kathmandu||Kathmandu.: After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to Nepal, a mystical country nestled in the folds of the Himalayas. Relax at your exquisite, centrally located hotel. (Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Kathmandu||Durbar Square, Holy Shrines.: In the morning, explore Durbar Square and the ancient Royal Palace complex, laced with a myriad of temples, courtyards, statues and home to the Kumari, the Living Goddess. With a Local Expert, take an intimate look at the Narayanhiti Royal Palace and the rooms where the royal family ate, slept, worked, held ceremonies, and entertained guests, along with the wonderfully eclectic decor. On the outskirts of town see Swayambhunath, then continue to Patan to visit the sky piercing temple of Teleju, Statue of Yogendra Malla and Tibetan Handicraft Centre.In the evening, dine at The Factory where some of the most sought-after chefs in town congregate in the hip Thamel district. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
|Day 5||Kathmandu||Magnificent Temples.: View Pashupatinath Temple on the banks of the Bagmati, one of the holiest Hindu shrines. Continue to Bodhnath, a colossal stupa, and Nepal's most important Buddhist site. Round off your sightseeing with a visit to the ancient capital of Bhadgaon, the main square containing innumerable temples and architectural showpieces. This evening, meet a local who has summitted Everest to hear a personal account of the Sherpa people and their role in Everest expeditions. (Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Varanasi||Varanasi.: Enjoy a relaxed start to take advantage of the facilities in your hotel before being transferred to the airport for your flight to India's holy city of Varanasi. In the evening, take in a special, spiritual experience as you witness the holy Hindu Aarti ceremony at the riverside steps of the Ganges. (Breakfast)|
The Gateway Hotel Ganges Varanasi.
|Day 7||Varanasi||The holy Ganges.: As the sun rises, enjoy tea or coffee at the hotel before embarking on a boat cruise to witness the scenes of devotion on the Ganges River. Return to the hotel for breakfast, followed by a city tour visiting some famous temples. Your adventure continues at nearby Sarnath, the deer park where the Buddha preached his first sermon. This afternoon there is the included option to visit an Akhara or traditional wrestling ground, to see Kushti, the ancient form of Indian mud wrestling with a history in Varanasi of over 5,000 years. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
The Gateway Hotel Ganges Varanasi.
|Day 8||Khajuraho||The Carvings of Khajuraho.: There's an early morning yoga session at the Ganges Ghats where the air is filled with spirituality. Later board a short flight to Khajuraho, where you enjoy a tour of one of India's Seven Wonders - the medieval Hindu and Jain temples, celebrated worldwide for their intricate and erotic carvings. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Jass Hotel Khajuraho.
|Day 9||Agra||From Orchha to Agra.: En route to Jhansi, visit the citadel at Orchha, containing grand 16th century palaces and temples. After a delicious vegetarian lunch in a magnificent resort, transfer to the train station in Jhansi and board the Shatabdi Express. Enjoy your air-conditioned chair class seats on your journey to Agra. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Mughal (Mughal Chamber), Agra.
|Day 10||Agra||Agra and the Taj Mahal.: Agra's fine heritage is revealed. Appreciate the flawless marble symmetry of the exquisite Taj Mahal, built by an emperor in memory of his beloved wife. Move on to visit the impressive Agra Fort to explore the palatial Royal Pavilions and gardens. Continue through Sadar Bazaar, one of the most highly reputed shopping destinations for handicrafts and leather products. In the afternoon, accompany one of the locals, walking through their village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal and learn about their way of life as an agriculturalist. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Mughal (Mughal Chamber), Agra.
|Day 11||Jaipur||Jaipur, the Pink City.: Journey to historic Bharatpur and stop for lunch before your journey continues to the Pink City of Jaipur. Visit the famous spice and flower market and see girls nimbly threading garlands of flowers that will be used for offerings. In the evening, enjoy a change of scenery as you travel away from the bustling city, into the wilderness and beauty of the Aravalli Mountains. Here you will be treated to a delicious and authentic Rajasthani meal at Dera Amer restaurant. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 12||Jaipur||Jaipur Sightseeing.: Ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort, its royal halls decorated with intricate ivory, mirrors, glass and exquisite paintings. Back in Jaipur, see the Hawa Mahal, known as The Palace of Winds, and visit the City Palace Museum and royal observatory. Later, at your Celebration Dinner, enjoy drinks and authentic cuisine at 1135 AD Restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 13||Delhi||Depart Jaipur for Delhi.: Your journey draws to a close after breakfast, with a transfer to Jaipur airport for your flight back to Delhi. Should you be continuing on, please do not schedule connecting flights before 21:00 from Delhi. For those taking an early morning flight the following day, and needing to stay overnight at a hotel close to the airport, post-trip accommodation with included transfers is available. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person and include internal economy airfares from Delhi to Kathmandu, Kathmandu to Varanasi and Varanasi to Khajuraho. Visas: Visas are required for this trip, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements. Your Visa for India must be 'Double Entry', as you leave & re-enter India during this trip. Apply for your Nepal Visa prior to starting this trip. Nepal Visa Fee is not included in price and obtaining at the airport is a time consuming process.Special Small Groups: All departures are limited to just 24 guests. Group Size: For departures with less than 5 guests there is a more personal service with Local Experts in each location in lieu of a Travelling Concierge. Guests are met on arrival and escorted to all sightseeing experiences with a private transfer between each location/city. (1a) Indian Festivals: 21 Oct experiences Diwali in Varanasi and 09 Mar experiences Holi in Delhi. (1b) Festive Highlight Dinner: Christmas Eve in Agra.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class